Label: FatCat Records - FATLP127 • Format: Vinyl LP, Album • Country: UK & US • Genre: Rock • Style: Alternative Rock, Indie Rock
· View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the Vinyl release of "Unravelling " on Discogs.
· Some copies of this yellow-vinyl version came with a cotton tote bag and a T-shirt that both feature the album artwork. Produced, recorded and mixed at Chem 19 Studios, Blantyre, Scotland. Mastered at West West Side Music, NY, USA. (C) FatCat Records. (P) We Were Promised Jetpacks. under exclusive license to FatCat Records/5(15).
· Unravelling is surely better than the previous album by We Were Promised Jetpacks but it is still worse than their debut. The sound is pretty fuzzy but it isn’t shoegaze – most of all the music resembles noise pop. And the song I ejoyed most is “Disconnecting” – it shows a lot of spacey psychedelia and highly emotional harmonious vocals/5(2).
· Unravelling | We Were Promised Jetpacks / 30 November Views slowly building Disconnecting – they tell tales of isolation and confusion, before receding again into the reverb-heavy cathedral of the LP. By contrast, Bright Minds is virtually a pop single, while A Part Of It is a kind of indie version of math-rock.
· Album Reviews: We Were Promised Jetpacks - Unravelling. Recorded in their native Scotland and produced by Paul Savage (Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai), Unravelling becomes the ‘randomly named after picking possibilities out of a hat’ We Were Promised Jetpacks’ third studio album and fourth in all following the release of a live effort recorded in Philadelphia.
James K (2) & John Hardiman - Nut House (File, MP3) Sound Off - TV Neats & The Excerpts - Pop As Can Be And Dance City All The Way (CD) Alexander Supertramp